Saturday, January 30, 2010
Hudson River and Central Jersey Regional Airport (47N). Meet at 10am wheels up between 10:30 am and 11:00 am from Lehigh Valley International Airport at the Flying Club. Expect to return at 4pm. Any questions call or email Sean Gornell at 973-487-7302 sean.gornell @ aviationpost310.org.
- Meet at the Allentown Airport at the Lehigh Valley Flying Club Hangar 5 Directions (Meet at Parking Lot then we let you in the gate.)
- Explorers Flight Briefing Meeting 10:00am to 10:30am and Learn how to plan a flight and basic navigation! (Plan to go to the Hudson River and Central Jersey Regional Airport 47N)
- Wheels-off at about 11:00am. We fly to the Hudson River then stop a Central Jersey Regional Aiport to eat at Pizza and Pasta. It is an affordable restaurant with good food. Each Explorer should bring $5 to $10 for food. Dress warmly for winter flying. Bring your charts and airspace diagrams (Blue Folder)
- Update on the Planes and Pilots: (All Explorers should reserve their seat)
- Sean Gornell Piloting a Piper Archer N47480: Right Seat (TBD) (TBD Right Rear Seat) (TBD Left Rear Seat)
- Ron Drake Piloting a Sirus SR20: Right Seat (TBD) (TBD Right Rear Seat) (TBD Left Rear Seat)
- Sebastian Patino Piloting a Piper Archer II N6288J: Right Seat (TBD) (TBD Right Rear Seat) (TBD Left Rear Seat)
- Alan Barley Piloting Cessna 172 N8979V: Right Seat (TBD) (TBD Right Rear Seat) (TBD Left Rear Seat)
- Steven Henry Piloting Piper Archer III N52326: Right Seat (TBD) (TBD Right Rear Seat) (TBD Left Rear Seat)
- Helpful things that can Explorers a head start before going on our flight?
- Get a student membership on www.eaa.org. It is $10 dollars a year and you get lots of benefits like the flight planning web access
- Go to www.airnav.com and review the airport information for (47N)
- Go to www.aopa.org and learn about services offered to pilots and maybe become mentored by Sean under Project Pilot.